Click and feed the fishes!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fireworks

Last week-end, the biggest firework in Europe was shot in the Parc de Saint Cloud near Paris. They advertised a lot for it so when I got back from Los Angeles I thought it could be a very nice evening.
I told Lionel to buy tickets to go: it was going to be my birthday present. Unfortunately, the event was sold out... :( I was really pissed about that so I decided to go anyway and see if we could buy tickets at the gate.
Many many people, a few without tickets, and NO ONE selling any tickets! What a shame! After 20 minutes, I see a small kid going to a group of people coming and asking them if they were selling any tickets, and they were! I ran to them, thinking I would be very upset to be defeated by a kid who is just not as shy as I am! Thank God they had more spare tickets and as all the other free-ticket persons were coming as scavengers on a rotting carcass, I was able to buy us 2 tickets for the show!

And what a show!
Past the fact that we had to stand up for 2 hours because people wouldn't sit down, it was the best firework in my life. We had a little picnic with white wine before the show, then it started. First, an hour wih a musician playing piano in the smoke..., regular fireworks.
Then, 1h15 of amazing, incredible, unique, huge fireworks! Colors I had never seen: orange, mint blue, dark yellow... Shapes I couldn't believe: triangles, stars, hearts!!
And even with 2 small parachutes linked by a string, making illuminated smiles in the sky!

It was an awesome night!

Sorry, I didn't take any picture as I still haven't buy a new camera... (I lost the one I bought 2 months ago...) Just so you're not too frustrated:


No comments:

Post a Comment